ALL NATURAL ALL-PURPOSE FOOD
All Natural Plant Food with Bio-tone® Microbes
Available in 4, 8,18, 36 and 50 lb. Bags;
1 pound equals approx. 3 cups.
Plant-tone is the original all natural plant food made from the finest quality organics obtainable. Plant-tone's natural organics breakdown gradually, providing a safe, long lasting food reservoir activated throughout the growing season. Plant-tone's all natural formula contains Bio-tone®, our proprietary blend of beneficial microbes. Bio-tone biologically enhances our natural plant food to ensure superior plant growth. Plant-tone is approved for organic gardening.
- For new lawns, work 40 lbs. per 1,000 sq. ft. into the top 4 inches of soil. Seed can be sown immediately. Once the lawn is 6 months old, treat it as an established lawn. For established lawns, apply 20 lbs. per 1,000 sq. ft. 3 times a year - Spring, Summer and Fall.
- Garden Beds
- Mix Plant-tone into the top 4 inches of soil at the rate of 4 lbs. per 100 sq. ft.
- New Plantings
- Dig hole twice as wide and same depth as root ball. Loosen roots and spread them into prepared hole. Remove 1/3 of soil and replace with compost or soil mix. Mix 1-2 cups of Plant-tone into soil mix. Do not mound the stems. Water thoroughly and add mulch to conserve water and control weeds.
- Established Plants
- In general, feed trees and shrubs twice a year - Spring and Fall. Feed flowers and vegetables once per month through the growing season. Sprinkle 1 cup of Plant-tone around the drip-line of the plant (forming a circle under the plant's outer leaves). For trees and shrubs, use 1 cup for each foot of branch spread (diameter of plant).
- Potted Plants
- Mix 1 part Plant-tone to 25 parts soil. Feed established plants 1 tsp. of Plant-tone for each 3 inches of pot diameter. Repeat monthly.